Education today means going beyond math and science…it means developing the social and emotional side of students as well. Creating positive behavior patterns, developing student empathy, and teaching self-awareness are all desired outcomes. To date, a significant challenge is the fact that there are very few measurements and reporting tools at the school or district level for culture, engagement or SEL curriculum.
Minga is a school platform to meet your needs and requirements: delivering and measuring SEL while connecting the school community and supporting the development of positive and inclusive climate and culture.
- Engage students with rich, interactive SEL curriculum and programs
- Connect your school community together on a dedicated, collaborative social platform
- Monitor, assess and report on SEL, culture, climate, and engagement
Minga is designed to deliver social and emotional learning (SEL) curriculum in a rich, collaborative and measurable way that meets current state and provincial educational requirements. It’s built with a number of special features to ensure compatibility and effectiveness within the education system:
- Safety: Each school has a unique and secure space where every student and teacher become a verified member of their school. Content is monitored 24/7 for negative and inappropriate content.
- Program delivery: Administrators can select the specific programs and curriculum they want to be delivered covering SEL topics such as Mental Health, Bullying Prevention, Kindness and more.
- Measurement: Minga dramatically improves the ease and ability to report on student engagement, SEL curriculum delivery, culture, student surveys and more.
We believe students and teachers should feel safe, connected and empowered in their school community and that this supports improved performance, positive mental health and an environment of kindness and belonging: the key components of an amazing school culture.